Friday, January 25, 2013

i know how he won all those races....

 
Lance Armstrong that is.
 
Yesterday I went to the doctor....
have been sick for over two weeks and figured it was time.
He gave me a big shot and said,
"This will make you feel better very quickly."
 
Well.....at 2:30am I was wide awake...
planning away in my head all of the things I could do
rather than waste my time sleeping.
Very unusual thoughts for this girl who takes her sleep very seriously!
At 3:30 I was up and busy as a beaver.
 
It is now 9:30am and I have already accomplished
a full three days normal activities.
My heart is racing and Bubba just said,
"You are going to crash and burn any minute now."
 
The doctor gave me steroids,
and boy do they work!
Don't like the feeling
and hopefully I won't have to take them again anytime soon,
but they work!!!
 
People ask me time and again if I've ridden my bike
again since the accident.
I haven't.
Maybe its because of winter...
you know,
but maybe its fear.
I think its a little of both.
I read this a little while ago...
"Do what you fear and the fear will go away."
Maybe...
but I will probably get a helmet....
(can't stand the thought of wearing a helmet.)
 
I love the little bike diagram above,
minus the references to global warming and earth friendly statements.
It is God who created and sustains the earth
and He will continue to do that
until He is finished with it in its present form.
 
 The diagram makes me want to go out right now and ride to the beach.
Maybe on these steroids I could.
 

No comments: