Saturday, July 20, 2013

"a dry and thirsty land where there is no water"


"O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land where there is no water."
Psalm 63:1

Our bodies need water,
we cannot stay alive without water.
When I am hot and thirsty,
nothing satisfies like a cool glass of refreshing water.

Our souls need God,
we were created to be one with Him,
to seek Him, to thirst for Him.

Augustine said,
"Thou, O God, have created us for Thyself,
and our hearts are restless 
until they find their rest in Thee.

Imagine,
 being in this desert,
 looking for water and not being able to find it.

This world without God,
without His word,
is a dry and thirsty land without water.
People are dying of thirst for God
and they don't realize what they need to stay alive.

And Jesus said to them,
"I am the bread of life.
He who comes to Me shall never hunger, 
and he who believes in Me
shall never thirst."
John 6:35

This minute,
will you believe and be saved?


No comments: