Wednesday, July 31, 2013

boys in the house


It is supposed to be ready on Monday.
This was taken yesterday.
They have the bead board up and painted,
the walls are painted sea salt,
and the flooring has been delivered.
I just love how it is turning out...
my beach house at 
Southbridge.

Jake and Eli love visiting.
Every evening 
they ask if they can go see how the house is progressing.
They love seeing where the bunk beds will be
and the closet for their
books and toys.

We couldn't go tonight because of the storm....
a wild thing
with deluges of rain, lightning, and thunder.
We got in some extra reading 
since we didn't go anywhere.

My Dad's house did close today.
I didn't go to the closing because of the boys.
Bubba stood in for me,
and he and my brother Frank saw it through.

Hard to believe 
that six months after his passing we are done with everything.
God has once again carried us through
a most difficult time.
It has been a very sad day for me,
but I rejoice in the goodness of my God.

Eli lost another tooth tonight.
He is brave and strong and funny...
a delight.
Jake stood by his brother all the way through the process,
which really didn't take too long at all.

"And now abide faith, hope, love,
these three,
but the greatest of these is love."
I Corinthians 13:13


No comments: