Saturday, July 27, 2013

the red lighthouse....


across from Jetty's
 restaurant
on the intercoastal waterway
in Jupiter, Florida, 
where Amanda and I ate some of the best crab cakes
in the world.

Talk about a girl's trip...
she and I packed a whole lot of fun
into a very short time.

Back to the lizards.
The purpose of our trip was to find a new home
for the Hollingsworth family, 
which we did!!

Greeting me just outside each home we viewed 
was a super large lizard
perched just where I had to walk by.
I managed to overcome my fears and go inside.

The townhouse she chose was great...
plenty of room and storage
in a beautiful location.
There is a huge screened in back porch.
Trapped on the porch is a lizard...
running around frantically,
trying to get out.
Also,
I saw a lizard run under the door into the garage.
(I am hyper-vigilant in lizard sighting.)

Lastly...
we just had to have an Einstein Bagel before we left,
(chocolate chip with strawberry cream cheese.)
I chose a table by the window.
While gazing out,
I saw what I thought was a chipmunk
munching on a tidbit in the courtyard.
I called it to Amanda's attention...
"Amanda, what is that?"
"Mom, it's a komoto dragon."
It's tail actually curled upward.
Reptile central.

That was it.
Probably won't be able to visit again.
Maybe will have to take one of those 
"How to conquer your fear of lizards"
courses.
I think that involves spending 
one on one time with them.

maybe not

No comments: