Monday, July 1, 2013

my hutch


In the process of buying our new home,
this hutch 
was always the main consideration.
After touring about 30 houses,
many of which did not have a place for this piece,
I finally said,
"Maybe the hutch needs to go."

What?
How could I have said such a thing?
This hutch is one of my most favorite things.
It holds my treasured dishes,
 it displays my holiday cheer.
It makes me happy just to gaze upon it.

There you see my current
July 4th display.
Got those star plates new this year.

Tomorrow we sign the contract on the new house,
God willing.
Then I will share the details with everybody.
What a blessing!

Those are the last of daddy's hydrangea's.
Think they look good
on my red & white checkered tablecloth.
Festive!

"I know that there is nothing better for them 
than to rejoice
 and do good in their lives, 
and also that every man should eat and drink 
and enjoy the good of his labor ~
it is the gift of God." 
 Ecclesiastes 3: 12&13


No comments: