Tuesday, July 16, 2013

my safe place


I love my Tybee Island....
this is the lighthouse at the north beach area.
I think this lighthouse is one of the prettiest anywhere.
Lighthouses give off light..
they lead and guide people to a safe place.

That's what God's word does.
The word of God sheds light and truth
into a very dark world that does not make sense,
The Bible leads and guides us..
it helps us to know how to navigate this life
and find our way into eternity.

This morning I didn't take time to read...
this afternoon I feel very far away.
It doesn't take much for me to sink into old patterns
of thinking and doing.
The Bible is my lifeline and my safe place.
God reminds me of who I am,
why I need Jesus (my sin),
and what I need to do to stay close.

The Bible is my anchor
 my safe place,
 my good day.
The Bible keeps me from drifting off into the abyss.
It is my armor,
and my delight.

Thank you God for giving us Your words.





No comments: