Friday, July 26, 2013

these two swans...


...were floating in the lobby 
of the hotel that Amanda and I stayed in 
while we were visiting Florida.
Their names are 
Bach & Beethoven.
Pretty much the whole time we stayed,
they were bathing themselves
 and plucking feathers.
Never could get them to assume their
swan positions.

Anyway...
on to my funny story.

I am scared to death of lizards...
bottom line,
sometimes I freak out.

Well, we were leaving on Tuesday morning
all dressed up
rolling our suitcases out the door 
and down the walkway.

All at once Amanda stops
and starts talking to a lizard
 that is sitting to the side of the walkway.
"Okay little fella,
you need to decide what you are going to do."

Now this lizard was not afraid.
He did not scurry away as most of them do.
He stood his ground,
staring me straight in the eye.

A man is coming up the walkway in the opposite direction.
He veers to the side off onto the grass
to allow us to pass.

We don't pass.
That lizard looks right at me and darts between my legs.
I scream..
the man laughs and just walks on by.

I am convinced that he has run up my skirt
and was lurking somewhere
up there.

Before I would get into the car I shook my skirt in every direction
including up and down.
My daughter calmed me 
and assured me
that the lizard had not gone up my skirt
and had run and hid
from all the commotion.

Lizards taunt me,
they really do!

more to this story later......



No comments: