Wednesday, July 24, 2013

jupiter beach


I cannot for the life of me get them bedded down before
eight o'clock.

I have three little boys camping here tonight....
four counting Bubba.
By the time I get them
read to,
bedtime snacked,
jammied,
toothies brushed,
kissed,
and prayed over
I am spent, done, finished for the day.

I am crawling into bed right now.
I will keep my funny story in my head until such a time
as I can do it justice on this blog.

Just one last thing....
When I finally accomplished all of the above,
Eli was in tears.
He wanted to sleep with the 
Spiderman 
action figure that I bought him today,
and that toy was nowhere
to be found.

After soothing Eli for his loss 
and bidding them goodnight,
I couldn't wait to sit down and read my e-mails for the day.
Into my room I slid,
shutting the door,
and falling into my chair.

Ouch!
I sat down hard on that lost plastic
Spiderman,
but oh the joy of going to Eli's bed and telling him
I had found his toy.
This is what he said to me,
"Grammy, you didn't find it,
your bottom did!"

Love, love, love these kids!




No comments: