Tuesday, January 28, 2014

still waiting for the snow...


.....but oh what a wonderful day!!
I just love
 "stay at home" days,
especially if they are gray and rainy,
filled with anticipation 
of snow in all of its glory.
So fun looking at my friends in Atlanta
enjoying the fun
of an unexpected blessing of white.

They say ours will arrive about 2:00 in the morning....
I'll miss it for sure,
but what a day tomorrow will be....
I'll wake up to a winter wonderland.
But probably not.
That's why we live in Savannah,
right here by the ocean,
that keeps everything warm enough.
The real fun of snow is the anticipation anyway.

That's alright too, because our new sofa for the condo
is being delivered to the beach tomorrow.
If it ices over, that may not happen.
We and the delivery truck may not be able to cross over the 
Lazaretto.

The above picture is one of Bubba's favorites.
That's me with a horse somewhere in Colorado.
I really think
 that rather than being a Colonel,
he would have liked to own a ranch out west
and been a cowboy.
I would have rode horses all day
and grown our own food.
Kinda hard to fathom, though.

Maybe this is Estes Park...
I know we went horseback riding there.

No comments: