Friday, October 16, 2020

i secured my vote


I just got back from "securing my vote" whatever that means.
The little stickers used to say "I voted today."
I like that better.

I marked my ballot electronically,
printed it off,
and inserted it in the "ballot" box.
It literally told me that I had officially cast my votes.
I sure hope so.

 I was afraid to wait for election day, 2020.
Maybe then the crowds will be overwhelming and I would wear out and miss my chance to vote.

The whole process took about 45 minutes.
The back of my neck got sunburned,
but other than that, early voting was a painless endeavor.
Of course, bookworm that I am, I took a book to read and the time passed quickly.
I just hope my vote is really safe and secured and that my man will win.

As I was walking out I thought to myself,
How sad that Bubba will not get to vote in this election.
I miss discussing politics with him.


My Fall walking shoes!






 

No comments: