Tuesday, October 27, 2020

then you need to get them fixed


The backside of my house is surrounded by floor to ceiling windows.
When we bought the house,
we had some sophisticated window shades installed.
I never shut them.
Why would I? 
My protector was here...
what could there possibly be to fear?

Early darkness is coming fast.
.Daylight Savings time is ending.
It will be dark at 5:30 PM.
David and Erika said,
"Mom, you really should cover those windows."
I said,
"All of the pulleys are out of whack.
The screws have pulled out of the doors.
They don't really work.
They are definitely more trouble than they're worth."

David and Erika...
"Then you need to get them fixed."
(They tried to fix them for me but didn't have the expertise.)

Me...
"Oh no, something else I have to figure out how to get fixed."

So, I called the place from which we purchased them.
It took a while, 
but a very nice man came out and graciously repaired all of the damage.
And, get this, he didn't charge me for his work.
He said the fixes needed were simple and he was glad he could help.
Please use Phillips Flooring in Pooler if you need floor or window coverings.

Y'all, last night I felt so safe.
I felt cozy and protected and very proud of myself for figuring out how to get something else done.

Now the only thing not covered is my beautiful front door.
Maybe I'll use the old nails and a sheet trick on that,
or maybe I just won't worry about it.

Oh, one more thing.
Just when I was patting myself on the back, 
I opened a random letter to find that they had canceled my insurance on our beach condo
 because I didn't pay the premium.
I panicked and cried and texted David.
The insurance company was very gracious this morning and reinstated immediately.
I spent the night praying that there wouldn't be a fire or a flood at 321.
Thank you David for continuing to rescue me.




 

No comments: