Sunday, October 4, 2020

sweet drawing


Since Bubba died, my grandchildren have been faithful 
to save me a seat in church every Sunday.

 (Families sit together on their own row now because of Covid 19.
We must be socially distanced from other families.)
This act of kindness is very special to me.

They can't have their Grammy sitting alone you know.
Usually, I sit between Gus and Walter.
This morning Walter, who is five, drew me a picture.
The math is a little off,
but here we are sitting together with a wide variety of hairdos
listening to David preach from the gospel of John.
Notice the people start out large and grow smaller except for David who is gigantic.
I love children's drawings! ❤️
I could write a book!


Last night we gathered for our Saturday evening feast.
Grammy cooks big and they all come eat and enjoy.
This time the menu consisted of...
Marinated Pork Loins,
Green Beans,
Corn-on-the-Cob,
Red Rice, 
Honey Corn Bread,
&
Cathy's Famous Chocolate Surprise.

Bubba would be so proud that I have been able to keep this tradition going.
I love to cook! ❤️
I love that the grandkids love to eat what I fix. ❤️
David and Erika love it too.
They get to take home all of the leftovers.

Two more things happened this weekend that I want to write about,
but I will save them for later posts.

I must get outside and work in the yard as they pick up debris on Monday.

I am memorizing this Bible verse for our Ladies Bible study on Tuesday.

"Unless the Lord builds the house,
they labor in vain who build it.
Unless the Lord guards the city,
the watchman keeps watch in vain."
Psalm 127:1

There!
I wrote it by memory.
This 72-year-old brain is still working well.
That is an amazing gift and blessing from the Lord.






No comments: