Thursday, October 22, 2020

today i cook soup


I am making vegetable soup today.
Two big pots.
One for me and one for some others who love it.

It is Fall although it doesn't feel like it.
Hot and humid.
I know it's Fall because the leaves are falling in my yard.
If the leaves were not falling I would think it's still summer.
On that note,
my grass cutter friend is coming on Saturday...
maybe for the last time this year.
Anyway,
there is just something wonderful and beautiful about making soup.


I haven't added the ham yet.
Bubba always put sausage in his.
I don't do that.
I'm most excited about the okra and the sweet potatoes.


This is the Bible verse I memorized last week...

"I will hear what God the Lord will say;
for He will speak peace to His people,
to His godly ones."
but let them not turn back to folly."
Psalm 85:8

Definition of folly...
A foolish action, mistake, idea.
Stupidity.

O Lord my God help me to not turn back to folly.
I've done my share of that!!

😒








 

No comments: