Thursday, October 1, 2020

constant & unconditional love


We were in Puerto Rico two weeks before Bubba died.
We had no idea what was coming.
Bubba stayed on the ship while we toured a fort in Old San Juan.
He said he didn't want to slow us down.
It was my birthday.
It was a magical, glorious day.

Two weeks later we were brought to the "Valley of the Shadow of Death."
That was my first time to know true despair.
Death came out of the blue.
I look back in horror, even today, seven months later, at what we went through.

I say all of that to say this...
David and Amanda have been by my side constantly.
They have loved me through every day and night.
Just in the past week, they have given of themselves to get me through a hard time.
They gave me wisdom and support to make a tough decision.
They listened when I needed to talk.
There was no condemnation,
only encouragement.
They have shown unconditional love when we didn't always agree...
when I was profoundly unlovable.
They loved me with the love of Jesus Christ.
Erika, Mark, Lucy, Harry, Gus, Archie, Walt, Jake, and Eli 
have all been with me through the sadness and sorrow while experiencing it themselves.
I love these people with a fierce love!

💔
************
I was driving into town this morning listening to a sermon...
going to get my two crowns set by the dentist,
waiting for a train to pass.
This verse was brought to my mind.

"Man looks at the outward appearance
but God looks at the heart."
I Samuel 16:7

When God looks in my heart He sees not my sin and the evil that lurks there.
No, He sees what Christ has done.
When God looks at my heart,
 He sees the blood of  Jesus Christ.
The blood that Jesus shed for all of us on the cross.
The blood that has forgiven all my sins and made me perfectly righteous.
The blood that reconciled me to a right relationship with my God.
I can't stop sharing this good news.
Jesus died for all of us.
His free gift of salvation and eternal life is for everybody.
We are made right only by the blood of Christ. 
Simple faith!









No comments: