Wednesday, December 30, 2020

my favorite teenagers


My backyard was covered with leaves and pine straw. 
It hadn't been raked in forever. 
So, I casually asked Jake and Eli if they wanted to make a little money. 
It took some pondering but they finally agreed.
Y'all, they raked and bagged the whole mess for me.
They worked all afternoon.
I rewarded them both with more money than I originally offered for a job well done.
There was no slacking or complaining.
Thank You so much.
Sadly the Christmas Eve storm came and covered the lawn with leaves and pine straw again,
but at least they gave me a good start.
I like to rake.
It won't be nearly the job it would have been.


I put sixteen lawn bags out for pick-up on Sunday afternoon.
Hooray for teenage grandboys!
I ❤️ Jake and Eli!


And just this afternoon Lucy drove up in my driveway.
She had just passed her "learners test" with flying colors.
David let her drive the whole way on Southbridge to my house.
She was so excited!
I was astonished!
Now how could I have a granddaughter old enough to drive?
By the way,
she is wearing her Pooh t-shirt that I gave her for her birthday and her granddaddy's dog tags.
I ❤️ Lucy!

These teenagers are great!
They keep me happy and smiling.
😊





 

No comments: