Tuesday, June 29, 2021

3 and 3


It has been three years and three months since I finished my cancer treatment.
Today I had to go for a follow-up.
My doctor likes to keep current with my progress.
These check-ups are always stressful.
You know,
Has the cancer returned?
My doctor was way behind schedule today which made it even harder.
Waiting and thinking and working myself up.
At least I remembered to take the book I am presently reading.
(More about that later.)
After a lot of checking and probing around and sticking a small camera down my nostril, 
the doctor proclaimed that I looked great. 
No sign of cancer.
There is an instant release of tension.
Thank you Jesus for this answer to prayer.
I left the office floating with a great big smile on my face.


I am a weather disaster junkie.
This one does not disappoint.
It is a page-turner about the early history of weather forecasting
and the devastating results of not getting it right.
The Blizzard of 1888 is chilling in detail.
A fascinating read!

That's Lucy and me at Jupiter Inlet.
I 💗 her!




 

No comments: