Tuesday, June 8, 2021

gardening & reading


On my tiny little outdoor porch,
 I have managed to have a garden of delights.
Below is what these geraniums looked like when I brought them here in March.
Above is what they look like today.


For some reason, the one in the light blue pot didn't make it.
The other two are obviously thriving.
These were Bubba's babies.
I will be so glad to take them to my new house.


How did I live this long and never read Schindler's List?

"A stunning novel
 based on the true story of how German war profiteer and factory director Oscar Schindler 
came to save more Jews from the gas chambers
 than any other single person during World War II.
In this milestone of Holocaust literature, 
Thomas Keneally uses the actual testimony of the Schindler's Jews
 to brilliantly portray the courage and cunning of a good man in the midst of unspeakable evil."
The New Yor Review of Books

Schindler's List is a hard read emotionally but well worth the effort.

I also just finished reading for the third time Pompeii, by Robert Harris.
I have always been mesmerized by the true devastation caused when Mount Vesuvius erupted and 
covered the towns of Pompeii and Herculaneum in Italy with a full day of falling ash, pumice stone, and then the final catastrophe, a cloud of poisonous gas.
Chilling and fast-paced,
Pompeii is for sure unputdownable.

Reading on a summer afternoon.
I 💖it!
 







 

No comments: