Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Jesus


I don't write enough about Jesus.
The blessed Son of God is the center of my world.
I love Him.
Everything I have comes from Him.
He is the great giver and sustainer of Life.
My Bubba is with Him now.
He has seen His face.

The following comes from my JC Ryle commentary on the gospel of John.
Expository Thoughts on the Gospels
Volume Three
Page 56
Gospel means "The good news about Jesus."
The gospel is for everybody.
No one is excluded.
Jesus has done this for all of us.

"John says that 
Jesus takes away the sins of the world.
Christ is a Savior.
He did not come to the earth to be a conqueror, 
or a philosopher, 
or a mere teacher of morality.
He came to saves sinners.
He came to do that which man could never do for himself,
to do that which money and learning can never obtain,
to do that which is essential to man's real happiness,
He came to take away sin.

Jesus is a complete Savior.
He took our sins upon Himself and carried them away.
He allowed them to be laid upon His shoulders.
 He bore them in His own body on the cross.
The sins of everyone who believes on Jesus are made as though they had never been sinned at all.
The Lamb of God has taken them clean away.
He did not suffer for a few persons only,
but for all mankind.
The blood that Jesus shed was precious enough to wash away the sins of all."

Whoever you are.
Whatever you have or have not done,
Jesus died for you.

I cannot even fathom this majestic truth in my finite mind,
but, thankfully, God has given me the gift of faith to believe.
I am bowed down in wonder and thanksgiving.

To God be the glory for what He has done!


 







 

No comments: