Tuesday, June 1, 2021

i never knew this...


I have been praying that God would show me the source of this crippling fear that has overtaken me.
He tells us in His word to "Be anxious for nothing."
He tells us to "Fear not,"
to "take courage,"
to "trust in Him in all things."

It is interesting to note all of the admonitions in the Bible to "fear not."
This conveys a comforting message to us who fear.
God knew we would be afraid and He told us what to do about it
.
In Philippians 4:6 
He said through the Apostle Paul...
"Be anxious for nothing, 
but in everything by prayers and supplication with thanksgiving
 let your requests be made known to God.
 And the peace of God 
which surpasses all comprehension 
will guard your hearts and your minds in
 Christ Jesus."

What a blessed promise we have in these words of God to us.

I had never thought that this fear could be tied in with my grief.
Losing my husband was so traumatic.
I think I'm getting better but maybe not just yet.
Grief has revealed itself as fear in my mortal body and I didn't recognize it.
I am comforted by this thought, this reason for my fear.

My grief is not over.
It wants to lay hold of me and render me helpless.
In Christ I have hope!


Thank You Jesus for revealing this truth to me this morning.
Thank You for giving me hope.
I worship you where I am.









 

No comments: