Friday, June 18, 2021

puzzles and books


I bought a 1,000 piece puzzle the other day...
Noah's Ark.
The Cleland's love puzzles but cannot have one at their house.
They are obsessed.
If there is a puzzle at their house they can get nothing else done.
So I have one at my house.
I thought I would love to work on it but,
no, it is stressful for me, 
and, I can't see and differentiate the pieces very well.
I like to sort the pieces into like colors.
That's my job in this endeavor.
It gets worked on when they come here.

I just finished reading Schindler's List.
It took me a while.
I knew it would be a slow read for me.
In many places, I had to reread to keep all of the characters straight.
To read Schindler's List is to have a new appreciation of freedom and how quickly we can lose it.
What is happening in our country scares me to death.
Following is a quote from the book which encapsulates the whole story.
I have to admit, the book was nothing like I expected.
Now the movie!
I'm not sure I can watch the horrors portrayed.

"He who saves a single life saves the whole world entire."


 

No comments: