Sunday, June 6, 2021

dreaming again


Farmgirl Flowers.
I love them.
I have had them delivered to a friend.
I never thought...

One afternoon last week
I had just returned home and was puttering around my apartment
when I thought I heard a rustling at my front door.
I opened the door,
 and low and behold there on my porch
was a box from Farmgirl Flowers.
My heart could hardly contain my excitement.
Someone had sent me flowers from my favorite place.


They were a late Mother's Day gift from 
David and Erika and Lucy and Harry and Gus and Archie and Walt.
I cried with joy.
So fresh!
And the scent permeates my whole living area.
My dream came true!

Y'all, 
I've started to dream again.
I had not dreamed a dream since Bubba died.
Last week they started again.
Kind of random they are,
mostly of people I knew when we lived in Atlanta.
Nothing recent.
Not of Bubba.
But I'm dreaming again.
Could my traumatized brain be starting to fix itself?
The fear...
now I'm dreaming.
💐






 

No comments: