Saturday, June 5, 2021

a day at hilton head


We spent Memorial Day over at Hilton Head Island.
Had lunch at Skull Creek Boathouse,
 a lovely spot nestled under the trees and right by the river you cross to get onto the island.
The weather was delightful.
I needed a wrap.
After we ate, we went down to the dock to look at the boats.
We decided on a sleek model that would seat all 8 of us comfortably.
After working everybody up into a frenzy that I would even consider such a thing,
 we decided to wait a while, think it through, and see what happens.
I have always wanted a boat.
Savannah has so many neat rivers and creeks to explore.
And I want the kids to learn how to water ski like Bubba and I did when we were young.
My Dad had a boat and we spent much time on the water.


No afternoon would be complete without stopping at Coligny Plaza
and visiting the Ice Cream Shop.
We went to the Christmas Shop and the Rock and Mineral Shop.
Such a nice day we had!
We drove home sleepy and happy.

It is such a blessing to live so near to the ocean.








 

No comments: