Wednesday, October 6, 2021

this boy can run


Yesterday I went to Harry's track meet at Country Day.
He started out in a pack of about 93 middle-schoolers and came in at #3.
As you can see, he never broke a sweat.
His time was 12.16 for a two-mile run.
He is a natural!
This Grammy is so proud of him.
After the meet, we went to eat Mexican at Jalapenos.
Almost couldn't fill the boy up.

It has been a rainy day.
I wasn't expecting it ~ should have looked at the forecast this morning.
No work going on on Hope Lane today.
Almost all of the trim work is done and the doors have locks on them.
That must mean the really good stuff is being delivered soon.
I got to experience what it will be like on a rainy day inside my new house.

I love rainy days!
I love to be home on rainy days.
I love to read on rainy days.
I love to listen to the rain falling.

Two things I have to do now that Bubba is not here that are hard for me...
 Bringing the groceries in and up the stairs and taking the trash out.
I'll never get over losing my man.

Amanda is coming for a few days on Friday.
I will be so happy to have someone living here with me if only for a few days.
My daughter ~ my friend.







 

No comments: