Saturday, November 20, 2021

new chairs ~ no more pews


This is our church.
We recently got new chairs.
They are so much more comfortable than the pews we had before.
This is the view from the pulpit looking toward the front of the church.
There is plenty of room for you to come.
We would love to see you.

A change of plans...
I was scheduled to spend the week of Thanksgiving down at the Hollingsworth house.
It was to be a return to summer for a few days.
I had written out each day's projected temperature on a slip of paper.
It was to be beautiful weather.
Sandals and linen and no sweaters or coats.
but...
Last Monday I came down with a really bad sinus infection
which rendered me useless for a few days.
I got sick soon after that meeting with my designer on Monday afternoon.
The bug hit me quickly.
I didn't expect it.
It came anyway.
When I was still not well on Thursday, we called the trip off.
The Hollingsworth family is coming to Savannah.
We will have Thanksgiving at my apartment.
That's okay!
I'll travel down there to see them soon.
I need to get well.
I rarely get sick anymore.
This change of plans is clearly God-ordained.



ALL of my Fall and Christmas decorations are packed away in the storage place.
I was supposed to move into my new house in October.
I never even processed last February that I would need any of that stuff before I moved in.
The holiday things were packed first and put in the very back of the huge holding area.

I am making do...
living simply!
It's okay.
God is good all of the time and I am thankful!




 

No comments: