Tuesday, November 16, 2021

yesterday's surprise


Garage doors!
Garage doors make me "feel" like my house is ready to move in,
but it's not.
I spent a good amount of time talking to the building supervisor yesterday.
She was very upset about the delay in the flooring.
If not for that, she said, I would be moving in mid-December.
I assured her that I was fine.
Waiting patiently is a good testimony.
She told me that they would brick the driveway this week.
And, they will be bricking the front porch post.
Also, the landscape may be in at the end of the week.
It was so nice to speak with her.
They are continuing to work on everything else as we wait.


At the end of last week, I got an e-mail from my designer.
"Hi Mrs. Cleland, unfortunately, the countertops that you chose have been discontinued."
What?
A sentence beginning with "unfortunately" is never a good sign.
"Not to worry!"
"This won't delay you much at all if you can choose one that is in stock and ready to go."
Erika and I met her yesterday and after much ado, we found one that would work.
A call to the vendor assured us that it was available.
She got out all of my choices and it looks great.
The piece of quartz pictured above is not the one we chose, but it is very similar.
I love how it blends so well with the backsplash.
I can't think of one more thing that can delay things now unless the workers start falling out.


Most of the solid wood stair treads are in.
Below is the landing.


They have not been stained yet.
Everything is so dirty.
I have the blackest dirt I've ever seen in my yard.
It has been tracked into the house.
Will need a thorough cleaning.

🧹


















 

No comments: