Sunday, August 14, 2022

fire at my favorite restaurant


Saturday morning at 12:17 AM my favorite restaurant in Savannah caught fire.
It started in the kitchen and quickly spread.
Even though Pearls is a stone's throw from my new house,
even though every firetruck in town responded,
I didn't hear a thing.
David texted me early to let me know.
This was our go-to place,
where we celebrated important things or just went to enjoy a delicious meal.
I am so sad.
So was everybody at church this morning.





Who knows this early if they will rebuild.
It was literally built over the water which made it hard to put the fire out.
One firefighter was injured and had to be taken to the hospital.
No need to ask why.
These things happen a lot.
But let me just say,
Why did it have to be Pearls?
😢












 

No comments: