Tuesday, September 13, 2022

cathy, what did you do?


This is one of my absolute favorites.
Three large, glass-front bookcases with storage underneath assembled as one.
When Bubba and I moved into our home on Pinebrook Court in 2013,
 we had a huge, empty wall that desperately needed a large piece of furniture.
This filled the bill!
I wanted a place to display my beautiful lighted Christmas houses.
I never could light them, though, 
because there was no way to get the electrical cords through the back of the cabinets.
So, every year I displayed the houses without lighting them up.
We talked about making holes,
but I could never make up my mind to saw holes in this lovely piece.
It seemed a travesty.

Move ahead to 2022.
Nine years later I was ready...
I thought.
I hired "Dan the Handyman," that is really his name.
He came yesterday.
He sawed one hole and asked me,
"What do you think?"
I actually cringed and asked myself,
"Cathy, what have you done?"
I could have stopped with one but I didn't.
There are now nine holes in my beautiful bookcases.

How do I feel the day after?
I'm excited now to see the Christmas houses lit up for the first time.
I have a huge project ahead of me.
I am hopeful I can get all the cords and wires plugged in
and that I don't blow a fuse when I turn them on.
There will be more to come on this.
I'm okay...really!

*I hung pink ribbons from the light fixture so that I wouldn't bonk my head.



 

No comments: