Thursday, September 8, 2022

this one I have to fight for



There is nothing in this world that brings lasting joy.
We lose our spouses.
We lose our health.
Evil takes over our country.
People disappoint.
Our eyes grow dim with age.
This list could actually be pages long. 
This world brings no lasting joy.
Everything here is temporary.

In my old age,
 I'm learning where true joy is.
"The joy of the Lord is my strength."
Nehemiah 8:10

As I age I realize my strength in so many ways is diminishing.
But at the same time, 
my spiritual strength is getting stronger.
The more I read and study God's word the stronger I become.
God reveals Himself in His word to believers.
He knows us and we can know Him.
His book to us is full of hope and promises.
He will never leave us or forsake us.

In Jesus Christ, 
we can have real joy,
lasting joy,
joy that never goes away.

Cultivate joy in your life!
Fight for it!
Don't let Satan steal your joy...resist him!
Take time every day to find reasons to have joy in your Bible.
Pray unceasingly.
Rejoice always in all circumstances.

💗






 

No comments: