Sunday, September 25, 2022

things i cherish



Walter wrote this short essay for me during the sermon today.
He has always been obsessed with his Granddaddy's van.
He can't believe that it is mine now.
It is very important to him.

Two things stand out...
1.  He thinks I have nice driving skills
and
2. The van has a can-opener.

I had no idea it came equipped with a can opener.
I have no idea where the can opener is located
I need to find out soon in case I need to open a can of pork and beans on our next road trip.

I think he made a good effort spelling the word garage.
Oh, and, it doesn't have leather seats.
I miss my leather seats every time I drive!

I will never get over the wonderfulness of reading an essay written by a second grader.


Maybe when he can drive I will gift him with the van.





 

No comments: