Wednesday, September 21, 2022

first day of fall ~


I'm struggling to find my words right now...
 have a lot on my mind.
I find as I live life and grow old that most of the time it is better to guard my words.

"I have found nothing better for men and women than to remain silent."
D. Edmond Hiebert
James

Just wanted to say I hung my new Fall wreath.
I think it is beautiful.
🍁🍂

We are studying the book of James at Hope Bible Church. 
These words of God are very convicting.
They cut right through to my heart.

Speaking of remaining silent...

"My brothers, take note of this: 
Everyone should be quick to listen,
slow to speak, 
and slow to become angry,
 for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.
Therefore, 
get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent, 
and humbly accept the word planted in you,
 which can save you.
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves.
Do what it says."
James 1 19-22

"Listening is the art of closing one's mouth and opening one's ears and heart."
D. Edmond Hiebert
James

 

No comments: