Wednesday, September 14, 2022

morning glories ~ glorious morning


The hill outside my bedroom window has survived.
As I glanced that way this morning I saw them,
Morning Glories growing there.
I grabbed my camera and ran outside.
Much to my delight,
it was a glorious morning.
Not one bit of that heavy, hot humidity was around.
The sky was blue,
the sun was just peeking over the top of my roof,
and the air was unbelievably cool and pleasant.
I threw up my hands and said thank you!
Fall is trying to break through.
We still have hot days ahead, but it won't be long.


Most Morning Glory flowers unfurl into full bloom in the morning
 and usually start to fade a few hours before nightfall.
That describes me as well.
I thrive in the early morning and start to fade about the time the sun sets.

Thank You, God, for seasons, flowers, and hills outside my window,
for glorious mornings and nights when I reach for my blanket.
For wild things growing and doing their thing.
In the midst of this evil world, You are steadfast and faithful.
I'm lost, always, in the wonder of You.

⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘











 

No comments: