Saturday, September 10, 2022

it's been a while...


... since I bought myself roses.
These are my favorites...
Rustic Pink.
Pink of course for my love of all things feminine.
After 24 hours of constant rain and dark gray skies, I broke down,
brought them home,
and put them in my grandmother's vase.

The dreaded fear came back this week.
The sad thing is that I don't know what I'm afraid of.
I know it's Satan trying to steal my joy in Jesus.
I think I noted this in my last blog.
Fear is my constant fight.
I can't give in to it.
It will go away.
I wait.


This picture...
The Queen with Martin Lloyd-Jones.
Bubba loved him and got me started loving him as well.
He was one of the greatest theologians of our time.
He has written a plethora of books. 
I have read many of them.
He has been a teacher of mine in my journey to understand the truth of God's word.
I imagine that the Queen heard him preach and loved him too.

Queen Elizabeth.
I wonder if she was ever afraid after her prince left her last year.
I'm pretty sure she had struggles like me.
After all, we're all sinful humans making our way home to Jesus...
to heaven where there will be no more fear!

"Even so, Lord Jesus, come quickly."





 

No comments: