Friday, September 16, 2022

happy birthday harry ~ # 15.


Six months ago Harry informed his Gram what he wanted me to fix for his birthday dinner...
Chicken pot pie and a lemon bundt cake from 
Nothing Bundt Cakes.

I panicked.
In all of my 74 years, I had never made a Chicken pot pie.
I went online and found a recipe.
I read it and thought...
"I can do that."

Thankfully Lucy offered to come over and help me make it.
She stopped by Chick Fil A and brought us lunch.
We ate and fellowshipped before we got to work.
There were a few hiccups like do we put a pie crust on the bottom of the pie.
We did, and it turned out beautiful and so good.
Best of all Harry loved it.


Lucy suggested that we put a design on top made out of the fresh thyme
we chopped to go in with the chicken filling.


Here is the delicious cake.
It was so good, light and lemony.


15 looks good on you Harry!
Just before opening presents... always the most exciting part of the party.



There is always one crazy in the crowd...
Walter is seven.
He is wearing the cow sheriff mask that came with my Chick Fil A kid's meal.


I cut up all of these fresh veggies as an appetizer and side for our meal.
I thought it was beautiful!


Happy Birthday, Harry.
Your Gram loves you so much.
You used that same plate last evening for your birthday dinner.
Looks like Granddaddy had made his delicious mashed potatoes for you.


I gave Harry one of Bubba's name patches that he wore on his uniform.
We all still miss him so much!






















 

No comments: