Thursday, March 23, 2023

good news


Five years ago today I was walking out of the cancer treatment center.
I had completed my course of radiation.
I went home to start the long, long road to recovery.
It was the absolute worst experience I had ever had to endure.
My skin was burned raw,
I couldn't eat, sleep, or rest.
My brain was fried.
Radiation destroys the bad cells of cancer.
It also destroys everything good.

This afternoon I walked out of my doctor's office a free woman.
After five years cancer free one is considered cured.
My doctor and I had huge smiles on our faces.
He has taken such good care of me.
I am overjoyed to have made it to this day.

I know Who healed me.
God is the Great Physician.
Without His mercy,
 I would not have been standing in St. Thomas a couple of weeks ago.
Thank You, God, for this good news!

David and the boys and I are going to the Olive Garden tonight to celebrate.
Erika and Lucy are out of town looking at colleges.

Hooray!
☆*⭐⋆✴⛤⭒


 

No comments: