Sunday, March 5, 2023

year two after Bubba ~ 2021


As I noted previously, the year 2020 remains pretty much a blur.
I think my brain went into shock mode.
I lived, breathed, and existed,
but I don't remember much.
Bubba died suddenly.
I was alone with him...
drove by myself to the hospital after the ambulance took him away.

Fast forward to just before Christmas 2020.
David and Erika, Amanda and Mark, and I were going to Pearl's for dinner.
No kids...just us.
On the way to the restaurant, we noticed a new neighborhood.
Let's go take a look said somebody.
We did and the rest is history.

God was ready for me to come out of my stupor and start to live again.
In His perfect providence, 
He set in motion a series of events
that could only have been orchestrated by Him.

By the end of January 2021,
 I had sold my house on Pinebrook Court and
signed a contract to build a new home.
By the end of February 2021,
I had (with a lot of help)
packed up everything in my house and was living with boxes everywhere.
By the end of March 2021,
I was living on the second floor of an apartment on Whitmarsh Island
 and beginning to watch my new house being built.

God woke me up out of my stupor.
He put some life in me that still needed to be lived.
I relished in that journey.
I could literally feel myself coming back to life.

The rest of 2021 consisted of watching my house on Hope Lane come to be.
I was still grieving but in a different way.
I felt God's presence inside of me again.
I knew He was working on my heart,
teaching me things,
 encouraging me,
sustaining me.
I was filled with hope for the years remaining.

I was assured that Bubba, although gone physically, 
was alive and well in heaven.
I would see him again.
He would be happy that I was starting to live again.
Peace came.

The picture above is me standing on the steps of our house on Pinebrook.
It was moving day.
The only mishap I experienced was I fell down a few stairs and broke my collarbone.
Those three months were a miracle of God's grace in my life,
My family surrounded me with love and helping hands.
My church ministered in so many ways.
I could read again.
I devoured God's Word.
I prayed.
I let my family and my church love me and continue to carry me through.

All glory to God and His Son Jesus Christ and the work of His Spirit in my life.








 

No comments: