Tuesday, March 7, 2023

three years ~ 2022


How can it have been 3 years since Bubba left me?

In some ways, it seems like his passing happened just a little while ago. 
In other ways,  it feels like I have been alone for a long, long time.
As I have been thinking about these last 3 years,
I realize that a lot has happened.
But there have also been some long, lonely days,
some even longer evenings and nights.

But God has been so gracious to me.
Amazingly I have lived in my new home for over a year.
I moved in on February 4, 2022.

What a blessing living here has been.
The location is perfect.
The house is so easy to keep, so comfortable.
I have been able to decorate to my heart's content.
I feel safe.
Moving here was the right thing to do.
Thank you to all of my family for encouraging me to make this decision.

Now I start year 4 without my stabilizer.
He balanced me.
He was practical to my whimsical.
He was calmness to my going half crazy with excitement
He kept me in line.
He watched out for me.
He had my back.
He met all my needs and most of my desires.

Two things...
There are STILL so many things I want to tell him...
I STILL reach out to make sure he's in the bed at night.
He's never there but I still reach out.

God, thank You, for getting me through these last 3 years.
You have not failed me one minute of one of the last 1,101 days.
I love You!
Cathy

ps...I'm the same age now that Bubba was when he passed from this earth.
75

No comments: