Sunday, March 19, 2023

the "pop"


We were going to Sea World and Aquadica for Spring Break.
Going to meet up with the Hollingsworth family.
Two days of fun, fellowship, and food.
Leaving last Thursday morning.
Coming home on Saturday.
Everyone was packed,
excited to go,

At approximately 5:30 on Thursday morning.
I received this text from David.
" Mom, I think we're going to have to change our plans."

The night before he decided to take a picture of himself jumping over his camera.
It didn't go well.
He jumped.
He heard a loud pop,
He felt excruciating pain in his knee.
He couldn't walk.

He spent Thursday, 
instead of driving us all to Orlando,
trying to find an orthopedist who would take his insurance.
The best he could do was get an appointment for two o'clock tomorrow.
We are all waiting for a diagnosis.
Hopefully,
it will be a good one.

He is better.
He preached today.
He even told the congregation about the crazy way he injured himself.

All that to say,
We didn't have much of a Spring Breaak.
So, I took the kids to Defy,
the trampoline fun park here in Savannah.
They had a ball.
Afterwards,
I took them to CiCi's pizza.
It's our place...
me and the kids.
We have our own table that we sit at everytime we go.
They know I love root beer and Hawaiian pizza, and apple cinnamon dessert pizza.
I let them eat as much as they want.
All of their food dreams come true right there.
They 💗 it!

*picture taken at Defy.
My little angel grandkiddos.


 

No comments: