Thursday, October 26, 2023

fake fire in a fake fireplace


The gas-burning logs that they put in my new house never worked.
They only burned with blue flame.
The heat was not adjustable.
They burned too hot.
I was never able to use them.
I fought for new ones for a while.
That never happened.

Today I got a new set.
They are everything the others were not.
I am so excited to have a winter with a fire in the fireplace even if they are fake.

I always loved our real fires and our real fireplaces...
so cozy and warm. 
The smell, 
the crackling.
I miss that so much.

But, I'm glad there is an alternative...
A semblance of the real thing.
And,
 I have a remote control
 that is easy to use
 and the nicest service guy
 that will come help me when I can't figure something out.
So much to be thankful for!

Here's to all the real fires everywhere.
I sometimes smell them outside in the evening.


Meanwhile,
this is going on outside my bedroom window right now.
I hope whoever buys this one fares better with their gas logs than I did.
🔥

ps...I hope that guy doesn't fall off the roof!












 

No comments: