Monday, October 9, 2023

ready, set, go



Last Friday evening,
under the low-hanging moss on the Country Day School campus,
I got to watch Harry's team and the rest of the high school cross-country teams run their race. 
All were pumped and excited to begin.
Which one of these highly competitive young men would win?
No one knew.


Seventeen minutes and fifty seconds later,
we found out.
Lucy got this picture of Harry crossing the finish line.
It took him about 5 minutes to recover.
We were astonished.
Victory is sweet!


We decided to go to Bow Ties on Waters to celebrate.
I told him he could get whatever he wanted.
He chose a huge Bar B Que sandwich with a skillet of cornbread on the side.
You can tell by the look on his face that he loved it.

Yesterday as we were leaving church I asked him,
"Harry, how did you win the race at your best time ever?"
His response made my heart happy.

"Gram, I did a lot of praying."
💙








 

No comments: