Saturday, October 21, 2023

fall lights in the house


Yesterday was family pizza night here at Gram's house.
Everybody could come.
No one was working or partying somewhere else.
Along with the pizza David picked up a huge salad and breadsticks from Bella's...
one of our favorite meals.

In order to make everything festive,
I lit every orange candle holder I could find with small white votives.
They made quite a glow.

When everyone left to go home, these were still burning brightly.
I brought them over to the fireplace, 
bunched them together,
 and finished cleaning the kitchen.
They were still burning went I went to relax in my chair.

I'm just sharing this picture because I thought they were beautiful.
I'm always searching for lovely things to look at and think about.
Thinking about lovely things is in the apostle Paul's list you know.

Today I went to a fashion show with three friends.
It was outdoors.
The sky was so blue,
tiny little golden leaves were floating down on us,
and a sweater was needed to ward off the chill.
So much to be thankful for!
Look for beauty!
It is everywhere!
🧡


 

No comments: