Saturday, January 13, 2024

comfort food, a good book, freezing temps


After the holidays it just seems right to go back to the basics.
I prepped for the broccoli chicken casserole yesterday.
Today I put it together and made a pecan pie.
Tonight we will gather for good food and even better fellowship.
The David Cleland family comes hungry and ready to eat.


My snowman decor is back out after a year in my attic.
It is so good to see them again.

I am reading Becoming Elizabeth Elliot by Ellen Vaughn.
I borrowed it from Erika.
I read about the slaughtering of her husband Jim this afternoon.
Her responses to his death touched so many buried areas in my heart.
She was a very wise woman devoted to her God and so eager to glorify Him.
I love how she returned to the ones who killed her husband determined to bring Christ to them.
I can't put it down.

Really cold weather is coming to the deep south next week.
You can bet I will run my outdoor faucets,
Last year I had no hot water for days with a house full of people right at Christmas
because I didn't remember what can happen when one's water pipes freeze.

🥶







 

No comments: