Saturday, January 20, 2024

my new (to me) car


Yesterday I bought a new car.
It was time.
I had put it off for way too long.
It is a white Honda CR-V.
It feels like I've come home.
I  have always loved my Hondas.

We started looking last Monday.
I test-drove some cars and got a sense of what I wanted
then came home and started praying for wisdom from God.
The car in the picture above is not what I had decided on.

God had this car waiting for me.
It had just recently come into the dealership.
It is a 2021 with 25,000 miles.

My main desire is to be able to put this new car in my garage.
I drove it home scared to death...
so much new technology that I'm not familiar with.
Somehow I inadvertently turned the windshield wipers on.
There was no rain.
I couldn't get them turned off.
 Decided to not worry about turning off the wipers,
needed to put all of my attention on my driving.
I finally got it safely in my driveway.

Just now I went out in the cold to see if it was going to fit in the garage.
I couldn't even get the engine to turn on.

I grabbed the Owner's Manual out of the glove compartment.
I'm going to read it now...
need to know how to get it started.

At least I still have the tank if I need to go anywhere.







 

No comments: