Tuesday, January 9, 2024

i've waited all morning for the storm


It finally made it.
The storm did not live up to all the hype.
They never do!
For that I am thankful.
David's lights are flickering.
So far no power loss for Hope Lane.
I am acutely aware that it could happen though. 
I may not be able to finish this post.


I thought I would share my Christmas gifts this afternoon.
Lucy's tree is at the top.
She gives a new one every year.
Two new very cute ruffled dish towels.
I love anything to do with ruffles and bows.
A book to help me get better at praying using Scripture.
A Roku streaming stick so that I can watch shows on my TV.
Season three of The Chosen.
Very thoughtful, useful gifts from my family.


I also received a long black cashmere turtleneck sweater that I wore to church on Sunday.
It is so warm and cozy on these very cold days.
For all of these gifts, I am so thankful.
I am also thankful that I made it through this blog without losing power,
It is very dark and gloomy outside.
I have all of my tiny lights on to cheer me up!






 

No comments: