Monday, January 22, 2024

update on my honda


I met David last Friday afternoon at 12:45.
I left my old van (the tank) at the church and rode with him to the Honda dealership.
We looked at different vehicles and haggled prices for the longest time.
I finally made up my mind on what I wanted.
Then there were hours (seemingly) of actually purchasing the SUV.

Finally, the white CRV that God had for me was mine,
I drove it home,
pulled it up in my driveway, and turned it off.
I had a shower to go to.
I needed to grab my gifts and the made-from-scratch chocolate chip cookies and be on my way.

I hadn't even gotten out of the car when I realized I had no way to enter my house.
The garage door opener was in the van that I left at the church.
I tried all of the keys on my key chain and none of them worked.
I had to call David,
(he had just gotten home from our harrowing afternoon of purchasing my car).
(he has one of my garage door openers.)
He came to take me and the gifts and cookies to get my old van.
He saved the day and I made it to the shower on time.

Saturday morning I went out in the freezing cold to get to know my new car.
It wouldn't start.
It was stone-cold dead with no power.

I called David again and he and Erika came over to jump it back to life for me.
That didn't work,
It wouldn't stay charged.
Later that evening when they came for dinner they tried again,
Still dead as a doornail.
My brand new-to-me white Honda CRV had a dead battery.
There was nothing I could do but wait for Monday.

This morning the guy who sold it to me came to my house with a new battery.
It works now AND it fits in my garage.
Very thankful...
For David and the car salesman who came to my house!








 

No comments: