Thursday, August 16, 2007

bubba, i'm hungry

He was at Nana's house doing some work....I had been at the nursing home and the dermatologist's office all afternoon.

I called and told him to meet me in the driveway because I was hungry. He usually knows what that means.....immediate action needed. Sure enough he was outside when I drove up. I suggested that we go to the Olive Garden which is right around the corner and he usually loves that so I wasn't worried.

He had to mail some letters at the post office which meant doubling back and he wanted to eat at Cracker Barrel out on 204 and 95. I didn't say anything even when the traffic was bumper to bumper all the way out there.

At one point I did say that I had not ever been this hungry my entire life to which he responded that I needed to eat more lunch. I had eaten at 11:15 so that I would be ready to feed moma.
Once we ate my whole outlook on life changed. I was "satisfied."

I thought about that episode this morning as I went to God's word.

Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are those who hunger and thrist after righteousness, for they shall be satisfied."

Do we go after God's word with the same intensity that we crave food when we are hungry? Do we need it that much? Can we not live without it?

I do not boast as I write this....I just share what I am learning. The underlying theme of my blog is being in God's word consistently each day and letting Him fill us with His wisdom and comfort and joy.

By the way....I'm hungry again. I think I will get a bagel with creme cheese and some "bird" coffee before I go to the nursing home this morning! (I made a sandwich and left it at home.)

No comments: