Wednesday, August 22, 2007

the red stain

It happened on the way back to DC when the bottle of grenadine syrup spilled on the carpet in the front of the Honda........a huge red stain visible for all to see. Jeff commented at Hilton Head that it looked like we had killed a hog in the front seat. Amanda and I had the van packed to the hilt with babies, food items, and various and sundry.

Today we took the van to be "detailed".........not just washed, but finely hand washed in every crook and crevice. It looks great except that the huge stain is still there, quite large and quite red. I keep lamenting over this......why, of all the things in that van did it have to be the red syrup that spilled?

Aunt Dottie is all moved in and she is not happy. She doesn't like the food and she doesn't like having to eat with other people because of her shaking.

We weren't expecting this reaction after Tara, but we are not surprised. Change is hard and she has had a lot of changes lately. We gave her a pep talk this morning and encouraged her to give it a few days to see if she doesn't grow to like it better.

To end my blog today I want to share some verses from II Peter that I mentioned yesterday in my "i forgot" blog. I love the eloquence of the language Peter uses and the revelance that it has to us today.

II Peter 1
12. Therefore I shall always be ready to remind you of these things (the beautiful passage before vs. 12) even though you already know them, and have been established in the truth which is present with you.
13. and I consider it right as long as I am in this earthly dwelling, to stir you up by way of reminder,
15. and I will also be diligent that at any time after my departure you may be able to call these things to mind.

II Peter 3
1. This is now beloved, the second letter I am writing to you in which I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder,
2. that you should remember the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken by your apostles.

We forget.....we need to be reminded!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't have any recommendations for the red stain....

But, the verses in II Peter are so very true. How quickly we forget the things we learn! That's why we need Godly friends to come along side us and "remind" us of the truth we already know. You are good to do that for me!