Thursday, August 2, 2007

pictures in the clouds

It was 9:00 am when I drove out of the parking garage in Crystal City. It was 6:00 pm when I crossed the Talmadge bridge. I only made three stops.....one to eat, one to get gas, and one rest area....not to rest. The traffic was moderately heavy, but not bad.

I listened to two sermons and lots of music. Into the last hour I found myself singing "free falling" at the top of my lungs likeTom Cruise in Top Gun. It's scary what you do after driving for nine hours.

Ever since I was a child I have loved to look at the clouds and see the pictures they form. I did that a lot yesterday. I saw a rat with a long tail, a polar bear on his back holding up his cub, and a vintage air-plane among other things. It's a good way to pass the time.

The only thing better would have been to be laying in sweet green grass looking up. I wonder if there is a soul mate out there who does this very thing?

My mother and Nana are very, very weak. TodayI was stunned to see my mom. Their passing could come at anytime. I can't even write about this right now...and Aunt Dottie is so sad and forlorn. UsuallyI can cheer her up but not today.

Teri is here until next Wednesday. At least we can be together and talk as only sisters can.
We did a lot of deep belly laughing last night as we caught up on the funny stories of our life.
We talked about how God gives us humor to relieve our stress.

God gives us everything we need when we need it. I praise Him for that.

No comments: