Tuesday, August 14, 2007

the little family

Bubba spotted them first. There were six raccoons in a row returning from their long night of being nocturnal. They were in a straight row, one behind the other walking along the varied pathways they had previously forged in the dunes. Some of them were babies.

It was seven oclock in the morning. Bubba and I were sitting on the deck enjoying our coffee and watching the shrimp boats go out for the day. We were counting our many blessings when this incredible little family walked by. What a wonderful gift from God.

I knew that this day would require courage and fortitude on my part as I faced my dad yet again. I was awake very early and in prayer and my word for the strength it would require.

It didn't go well...it never does.

The raccoons were a little gift....a way of God reminding me of His love for me.

No comments: