Thursday, August 9, 2007

the eyes of Him with whom we have to do

I wake up most every morning to look out upon the ocean. I am not boasting, it is where God has placed us. Living by the sea is a gift from God that we accept with humbleness and thankfulness.

The ocean is always changing. Sometimes it is calm and peaceful, sometimes choppy and menacing. Sometimes it looks as blue as my grandbabie's eyes and sometimes it looks almost black. Sometimes the waves come rolling in as large as barrels, and sometimes there is barely a ripple.

The God that we love and worship is not like the sea. He never changes. He is always the same.

Malachi 3:6 "For I, the Lord, do not change."

The weather, some people say, controls the ocean. That is true, but Who controls the weather? It is God......our sovereign Lord who is worthy to be praised. Love this verse:

Jonah 1:4 "And the Lord hurled a great wind on the sea......"

My heart changes. God doesn't control it completely I am sorry to say. As long as I remain on the earth I will have a desire to sin. But the more I study God's word the more I see and hate my sin, the more I want to turn from its wretchedness.

This, my friends, is a description of the power of God's word on a person's heart:

"For the word of God is:
living
active
sharper than any two-edged sword
piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit
of both joints and marrow
able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

And there is no creature hidden from His sight
but all things are open and laid bare
to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do

By reading His Word He is able to cut right through to my heart and lay it bare.

I will now go swim in the ever-changing ocean and praise my never-changing God.

No comments: