Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"not to inquire why or whither"

Here is a quote from Thornton Wilder that I came across during some of my readings this weekend:

"My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither,
but just enjoy your ice cream while it is on your plate."

This is a man who thinks like I do!

I didn't see the raccoons this morning, but the cat-raccoon has been ever present in the dunes. Bub threw him a huge slab of beef on Sunday night and he went off with it like he had just won the lottery. He was throwing it up in the air and catching it in his mouth. He will stare at our condo forever now.

This could have been a preview of what Bubba will do if he ever wins the lottery.

This cat has a cat face and a raccoon body. If anybody has any thoughts or ideas on this phenominum please comment. We are afraid to let our minds wander too far on this.

My lovely sister Teri reminds me quite often of my poor spelling. Again I apologize, but I only have thirty minutes to use the computer and I just don't have time to worry about things like that.

I do appreciate her reminding me as well that I once taught school. Does that mean I should be A+ perfect in every subject? The fact remains that she is small and smart and I am pleasingly plump and average. Also, I am thirteen years older than she and I learned how to read and spell with "Dick and Jane."

Probably the reason for all of the above is that I eat ice cream and she doesn't.......

A lovely day to all.....I'm off to fight my dragons. caoc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some research indicates your good fortune in happening upon a "caccoon." This rare species is said to breed on container ships, and somehow this little fellow has made it to land. When they come to land, however, they are known to live as close to the ocean as possible. Carnivorous and somewhat aggressive, this explains his treatment of the beef, although strong human male personalties have been able to capture them, and attempts at domestication are still being tested. It might just be that Bubba has won the lottery after all. Upon catching and tagging the caccoon, there are often financial rewards, as these rare animals are of special interest to both zoos and animal research facilities.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with this information. I had no idea that the species "Cacoon" existed much less that they were valuable! Tonight armed with another hunk of beef and some body armor you can be sure that Bubba, the "strong, human male personality" you referred to, will be down in the dunes trying to capture and tag"his good fortune."